The value of guest blogging
Fortunately guest blogging is one of the most effective ways to promote your business online. Not only does it enable you to expand your reach, but you’ll also attract new visitors back to your website and raise more awareness for your startup.
It’s also a fantastic way to network with others and showcase your expertise.
What we’re looking for in a guest post?
Obviously we won’t be publishing everything that comes our way. And we have a set of standards we’re aiming for to keep this blog as high quality as possible.
Essentially your guest post needs to be something useful, actionable and shareable for our readers!
On the Yes We Foot blog we will publish content focusing on the following topics:
- sports news (baseball,football,cricket,tennis,….)
- sports tips and tricks
- sports video
- sports equipments
- gossip & funny things in sports world
Just remember it needs to meet the following quality guidelines:
- Well written and unique:
- At least 350 words:
- Attribution to media, images, quotes and statistics is a must!
What makes a great blog post?
So what makes a great blog post? Below you’ll find the essentials to writing a killer guest post:
- An attention grabbing headline: Aim for a headline with a benefit in it
- A captivating first paragraph: Draw people by explaining why the post is relevant to them
- Short sentences: One thought per sentence
- Short paragraphs: One idea per paragraph
- Simple words readers have no problem understanding (you won’t get extra credit for fancy words)
- Write as you normally talk in a conversation (this isn’t university!!!)
- Use lists and numbers to break your post into sections (improves readability and does wonders on social media)
- Include as many examples and statistics to back up what you’re writing