Holders Sevilla FC will start their defence of the UEFA Europa League in Group G following the 2014/15 group stage draw in Monaco.
The Spanish side lifted the trophy for the third time in nine years with victory against SL Benfica in Turin in May.
Group stage draw
Group A: Villarreal CF (ESP), VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER), FC Zürich (SUI), Apollon Limassol FC (CYP)
Group B: FC København (DEN), Club Brugge KV (BEL), Torino FC (ITA), HJK Helsinki (FIN)
Group C: Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG), Beşiktaş JK (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE)
Group D: FC Salzburg (AUT), Celtic FC (SCO), GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO), FC Astra Giurgiu (ROU)
Group E: PSV Eindhoven (NED), Panathinaikos FC (GRE), Estoril Praia (POR), FC Dinamo Moskva (RUS)
Group F: FC Internazionale Milano (ITA), FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR), AS Saint-Étienne (FRA), Qarabağ FK (AZE)
Group G: Sevilla FC (ESP, holders), R. Standard de Liège (BEL), Feyenoord (NED), HNK Rijeka (CRO)
Group H: LOSC Lille (FRA), VfL Wolfsburg (GER), Everton FC (ENG), FC Krasnodar (RUS)
Group I: SSC Napoli (ITA), AC Sparta Praha (CZE), BSC Young Boys (SUI), ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Group J: FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU), Rio Ave FC (POR), Aalborg BK (DEN)
Group K: ACF Fiorentina (ITA), PAOK FC (GRE), EA Guingamp (FRA), FC Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
Group L: FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR), Trabzonspor AŞ (TUR), Legia Warszawa (POL), KSC Lokeren OV (BEL)
• Sevilla and Feyenoord are the only previous UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League champions who will meet in this season’s group stage.
• Five other former winners were in the draw: Inter, Napoli, Mönchengladbach, Tottenham and PSV.
• Steaua beat Dynamo Kyiv 1-0 in the 1986/87 UEFA Super Cup. The Romanian side also came out on top in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League group stage, drawing 1-1 at home following a 4-1 away victory.
• Torino were 3-0 victors over two legs against København in the 1991/92 UEFA Cup quarter-finals; they went on to reach the final.
• Dinamo Zagreb knocked Celtic out of the 1998/99 UEFA Champions League in the second qualifying round, winning 3-1 on aggregate. They lost 3-2 on aggregate to Salzburg in the competition’s third qualifying round in 2009/10.
• Legia and Trabzonspor met in last season’s group stage, the Turkish club winning 2-0 away and at home.
• Group D contains three domestic champions from 2013/14: Salzburg, Celtic and Dinamo.
• None of the teams in Groups A, F, H, I and K have played before.
• There are 12 group stage debutants involved: Dinamo Moskva, Krasnodar, Qarabağ, Astra Giurgiu, Asteras Tripolis, Lokeren, Rio Ave, Dinamo Minsk, Saint-Étienne, Feyenoord, HJK Helsinki and Torino.
Comment on this post with facebook!
Tags: europa league