Interesting Facts about Sachin Tendulkar, The Little Master
Sachin Tendulkar, the Little Master is the marvelous cricketer of India. He is now retired from professional cricket He is the living legend, having a lot of records and achievements. Here are some of the facts about Sachin Tendulkar
- Sachin is the first Indian to be nominated for Rajya Sabha.
- In of the match of 1987 world, he was a ball boy. It was the cricket match between India and Zimbabwe in Wankhede Stadium.
- At the age of 15, he got opportunity for debut in first class c He was unbeaten in the very first match, against Gujrat.
- In the very next year, when he turned up 16, was given the chance in International test cricket format. His debut was against Pakistan. This series was played in Pakistan. In the last test match of the series, Sachin was severely hit by the Waqar Younis bowling, even then he stood up, refused medical care and scored 57 in that inning.
- In 1992, he became the first overseas Indian who signed for Yorkshire.
- Sachin was the first cricketer to be declared out by the third umpire. This happened due to the change of rules in 1992, and he was the first on which that rule was applied.
- In the initial years, he did not scored a single test century at home grounds. Finally in 1993, he scored his first century, scoring 165 against English cricketers, hitting 24 fours and a six.
- He is also a bowler and bowls well in time of need. In 1993, in a match against South Africa, opponents needed 6 runs off 6 balls. Sachin has taken up the gear and delivered the last over, resulting in India’s win. In that over, he gave just 3 runs off 6 balls.
- Reaching to the peak of fame and popularity, he became a famous celebrity in early 90s. He became the richest cricketer in the world, by signing 31 Crore Rupee deal with WorldTel Company. Even after retiring from professional cricket, net worth of Sachin Tendulkar is almost $120 million, which is more than any other Indian cricketer.
- 1998 was the year of his unbroken record, scored back to back 50s and 100s and summed up his score 1894, which is the maximum score a cricketer has made in a single year.
- In 1999, he scored his first double century in a test match against New Zealand.
- He is the 5th man in cricket history to score 10000 runs in test format, while 3 years later he became the highest scorer.
Comment on this post with facebook!